Monday, October 12, 2009

Re-opening soon / Windows 7

I finished getting my bachelor's degree a couple of weeks ago (will get actual diploma in Dec) so now I have more time.  A site that I created for it was called 'Computer Tips' and this blog was created for that site.  I plan on adding tutorials to the site and posting general, random tips here in the blog (along with site updates).

I just finished installing Windows 7 (I got a House Party pack, which included a Windows 7 Ultimate Signature Edition disk) on my laptop, so now the laptop has Ubuntu 9.04, Vista (no service packs) and Windows 7.  Windows 7 was very easy to install (I had to shrink my Ubuntu partition to make room, since the Vista one would not cooperate with me) and it was also very fast.  With XP for example, it would take me a couple of hours to install.  Vista was about an hour, maybe a little more.  But 7 - that was about 45 minutes.

So far the other two OSes, Ubuntu and Vista seem to be fine.  Thank god.  I did back up my stuff, by the way.

So now I will be getting to know 7 - I already used a release candidate version of it, although  it was installed on a virtual machine.  Now I can use the real thing.

No comments: